+44(0) 1234 567 890 info@domainname.com

November 01, 2009

Wow, Ubuntu is so Easy For New User of Linux

2:05 PM

Share it Please

On the last Friday (30/10), I downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu linux 9.10  named Karmic Koala on Electrical Campus of ITS Surabaya. Download was success, although at first I was not sure because at that time traffic download the latest version of Ubuntu is quite high. After finished, then immediately I try in VMware. Ups, it does not go as I wanted :-( . Ever disappointed and think also that what I downloaded did not work aka corrupt.


The next day, after returning from Sempu (a small island in the southern outer in Malang), at night almost 12.00 pm, I tried to install in notebook. With occasional sleepy and even sleep because still so tired, and finally the installation process is finished, although initially not sure cause of given in VMware can not do the installation.

Today, Sunday (1 / 11), I try to continue the benefits of curiosity I tried Ubuntu Karmic Koala in the office, Antara, Bureau of East Java. Alhamdulillah, everything reasonably well. Basic needs which are often used by notebook users, the wireless properly detected directly. Thus I can continue the search plugins, another major, which is often required by computer users, including MP3 and Video plugin codecs and flash player browser.

All the required plugin is very easy to find. Because Ubuntu users are still new, I was searching through the System -> Administration -> Software Sources.

From the menu listbox "Download From" I choose the other servers and download from Indonesia, remind that I am in Indonesia, I thought it would be faster if downloaded from the Indonesia's server. After doing my reloading into the Synaptic Package Manager and search for plugins needed with ease. Well, turns out Ubuntu more user-friendly :-) .

While waiting for openSUSE 11.2 to be released less than two weeks away, there is no harm if I try to excellence and excess Ubuntu Karmic 9:10 brave Koala compete with Windows 7 is :-D.

0 komentar: